1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ESPY's ignore best shot of the year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 27, 2009.

1. There wasn't shit on TV Friday night and flipping through the channels, I caught PTI doing the ESPY categories and nominees. Under memorable plays - and the other catergories I saw, they completely omitted Brittany Lincicome's approach shot on the final hole of this year's LPGA Kraft Nabisco Championship.
    It has been discussed on here before (I posted the thread) and Lincicome's shot is arguably one of the five greatest golf shots ever made in chapionship history. She trailed by one going into the final hole and made eagle to win outright by one.
    Her shot ranks right up there with Santonio Holmes' catch, which btw was a nominee, along with the Pens' Cup win. So the shot should have fit in the time frame.
    No love from ESPN or the ESPY's?

Fail!

Rant over.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Nothing burns me up more than ESPY snubs.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Not even Pro Bowl snubs?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Not even NBA or NCAA dunk contest snubs.

5. I glad you share my outrage.

Sarcasm noted.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll still take Crabtree's catch against Texas for the play of the year. Tech doesn't score - the Longhorns are in the BCS championship, perhaps against Oklahoma, and Colt McCoy takes the Heisman.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I vote for 17-14 NCAA basketball teams from power conferences with good RPI for my snub of the year.

I've watched maybe an hour of live women's golf in my life, but caught that shot. That shot, along with her audio, was pretty damn fun.

8. Was that a nominee? I don't think it was.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Chau-vin-ism.... clap clap clapclapclap!

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh, please.

Best shot of the year: The trio of U.S. Navy SEAL snipers who took out 3 Somali pirates with one shot apiece.

Threeway tie. Everything else doesn't even come close.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

If you rearrange the first three words of this thread title, you get the real answer:

Ignore the ESPYs

Draft saved Draft deleted