1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

BTW, Fair Isaac is trying to help lenders with this problem with a new lending score that supposedly will give an idea about how resilient the borrower is -- their sensitivity to financial stress and their capacity to financially survive a downturn without defaulting.

FICO rolls out new credit scoring model, but experts suggest it might not impact you yet

Supposedly the criteria are pretty similar to what they already use to calculate credit scores. ... heavy emphasis on payment history, outstanding balances, length of credit history, mix, etc. It will put a big focus on people who maintain a low credit utilization rate.

It remains to be seen if the score catches on, but they are recommending lenders use it in conjuction with the FICO score.

maumann likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Especially when percentage of available credit is part of your FICO score, knocking down your credit limit is a dirty, underhanded way to gouge you and perhaps put you in a higher loan payment situation, even if you never need it. I asked my primary cardholder for a credit limit increase recently and was turned down, not because I pay off the entire bill every month but because they don't want to take on additional risk right now. They didn't come out and say that directly to me, but obviously Ragu's observations lead me to believe that's a major reason.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

My girlfriend got the same letter. She barely uses that card.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My credit score got dinged 20-25 points when I financed two purchases ($7,200 total) for six months, interest-free. 18 months later, I can't get it back to its peak.

5. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Five airlines announce $25 billion in new fed loans.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

8. Noholesinone

Loans to five more airlines this week.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. Noholesinone

Revenue down 91 percent at Delta.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He’s like Patrick Ewing predicting a Knicks championship every year.

Draft saved Draft deleted