1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Drunk and the Dope

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I never listened to him on the radio, but he's hard to take with Simmons. He constantly acts as the one truth teller who is raging against the media narrative because he (unlike everyone else) knows sports.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Simmons has a pretty lengthy track record of hiring some sketchy-ass dudes, be it Rembert Browne, Jonah Keri, Eric Weinberger or Russillo. In Russillo's case, the behavior came before the hire. I'm shocked that dude is working mainstream after that incident in Wyoming.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What was the issue with Rembert Brown?

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Is The Ringer mainstream?
    For what I believe to be the first time in my 44 years on Planet Earth, I went to theringer.com.
    There are a whole bunch of stories on there, (from sports to music to movies) but not one that even looked remotely interesting enough to click on and read.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I liked Rotillo with and without Van Pelt. Danny Kannell sucked balls. Rotillo is a smart guy and doesn't do hot takes like the rest of the sports radio brats. I think at one time he was trying to break into an NBA front office and he has some access, unlike almost every other radio host who has never been a reporter. His focus on the NBA is what connects him to Bill.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don't read 90 percent of what they post, but I'd say the HBO-backed venture is about as mainstream as sports sites get these days. Hell, he had Tarantino on a podcast the other day. I was impressed by that, though maybe I shouldn't have been.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I had forgotten that HBO was involved with it.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Russillo has a great radio voice.

What's the Wyoming Incident?

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

He was on vacation in Wyoming, got black out drunk, and ended up in a woman's bedroom where she found him with his pants down around his ankles.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Let's not pretend he's the only one of us.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Surprised he didn't get shot. Those Wyoming cowgirls are tough. They take their earrings out before they fight.

Draft saved Draft deleted