1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The DMN gives advice on how to lay off people

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by standman, Sep 1, 2006.

1. standman

standman Member

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/editorials/stories/DN-pinkslips_01edi.ART.State.Edition1.3ef77cc.html

A strange editorial without full disclosure.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

now that's comical

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

These people have rotted loyalty, are giving indifference to work ethic, and causing family issues.

It just proves the truth of corporate America. It has no conscience, no ethics. And is helping masses shift to the Democrats...if only the Democrats could have a plan for those who come looking for a real group of leaders.

4. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

I'd lay people off by e-mail, except operational e-mail is one of the "luxurious frills" our newsrooms usually do without.

Plus, the instant I lay anybody off, our IT drones immediately spring into action logging the employee out of all computer systems, voiding passwords, revoking door-card clearance, etc etc.

For some strange reason I seem to have an inordinate fear of former employees wanting to break back into the system and fuck me and my beloved company up. Can't really figure out why that worries me so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted