1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dead Pool — OBL version

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A lot of people think the current administration knows exactly where OBL is, but is waiting till the politically most opportune time to nail him.

Considering it's only 102 days out to Election Day, time is growing short for the Bushies to hit the hail mary. Which day, hour and minute do you think will be the moment Osama gets a Cruise missile up the boots hatch?

(Winner will be determined by the moment either CNN, Fox or MSNBC posts it on their website first, and it is subsequently confirmed by either AP or Reuters. The former will be the moment of determination.)

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If that's the case, why not find Osama before the 2002 midterms, 2004 presidential election or in the wake of their disastrous performance with Hurricane Katrina -- all of which would have been more politically advantageous than the 2006 midterms?

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think the whole idea is bullshit, but what the hell? I'll play anyway.

Oct. 14, 2006: Released to the world at 11:37 a.m. Eastern time.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I just hope the death of OBL helps stem the violence like the death of Al-Zarqawri did.

[/sarcasm_to_the_10th_power]

5. Football_Bat

My own initial guess is Monday, Oct. 30, 2006 at 5:30 a.m. EST. That will give everyone a week before the vote to digest the news. And the morning news shows will lap it up like a dog.

6. Football_Bat

Because unlike the previous, Bushy and Cheney's staying out of jail hangs in the balance. Get two-for-one, and hello, President Pelosi.

Draft saved Draft deleted