1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Day SJ.com became Town Hall - 05/19/2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, May 19, 2011.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Whole site kinda leans to the right.

Disconcerting.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Did we move to the southern hemisphere and I didn't know about it?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't mind the ads. I understand the need for them.

I do mind shitty ads like the "Shocking Refinance Secret Exposed" and various degree programs from dubious online "colleges."

4. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Yeah, I'm not sure they're hitting their target demo with these ads. But whatever.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I don't mind the ads either but I wish we would have known they were coming so we could have prepared for them. Instead, it's like you get used to one certain way of viewing the site and, boom, now we're going to throw an ad for you to visit the official authorhouse site (Because, really, that's some captivating crap) right where you think the latest comment about the afterlife is going to be.

And if you somehow adjust your vision past that and get used to it, we're going to put a nice fat University of Phoenix ad where the board has traditionally started.

Sad stuff.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I especially liked how I just had two ads from the same loan-shark refinance company. One said "Mortgage Rates at 3.19%" and the other said "Mortgage Rates at 2.99%." Well, which is it LowerMyBills.com!?!

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You're just mad you have to adjust the way you sit on the toilet when you read SJ. Be honest.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Perhaps this will encourage Schiez to stand up for once in his life.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The funniest part of those two replies is I was dumping while posting that response. :)

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

You can use AdBlock on Chrome or Firefox. If you're still using Internet Explorer, well, yeah.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

No politics.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We allow politics in the ads. In fact, we encourage it. Coming up next, Whigs-R-Us coupons. Upper left hand corner of the screen.

Draft saved Draft deleted