1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dark Knight Rises. There be SPOILERS here.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Dec 19, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/video/player.php?aid=45182

I know there is a geek thread, but this movie probably deserves its own thread. Trailer looks impressive.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

And one of your heroes makes a cameo at the end ... :D

3. GermanKeyser

GermanKeyser Member

My excitement level for this movie is at an unhealthy amount. I've lost count of how many times I watched the trailer today. And what's this about a six minute prologue being showed before Mission Impossible 4? Was it just a one-day thing? I've scoured the Internet for it but to no avail.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A quick search and found this: http://www.twitvid.com/YCC56

5. GermanKeyser

GermanKeyser Member

This is probably just me being a picky asshole, but if I'm gonna watch anything related to the Dark Knight trilogy, it has to be high quality, dammit!

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Well, I know what happens now, and you don't! LOL

7. GermanKeyser

GermanKeyser Member

Touché, good sir, touché!

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Cannot wait until July. Cannot wait until July.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have no heroes, but if you are referring to Pittsburgh coaches and players, I am aware of the cameos.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I love this series and I'm excited for next summer but, damn, I already hate that football scene.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So many times I see a movie trailer and am convinced that either movie execs haven't seen enough movies or I've seen too many (Isn't the Marky Mark movie Contraband just a reboot of Gone in 60 Seconds with money instead of cars?) - but then I saw this thing. Nolan has become one of those directors who doesn't screw around with a big budget. He makes big movies with big themes.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The theme of "Inception," for example, seemed to be, "Shove as much clunky, talky exposition as possible into the first half of the movie, then lard the rest with an overcomplicated plot that people will mistake for innovative storytelling, based on the currency you continue to carry because of "Memento." Throw in a few ridiculous plot holes for good measure."

Draft saved Draft deleted