1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dark Knight is the best movie since...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

This is a few days old, but I just re-stumbled upon this thread.

" LONDON, England (CNN) -- A group of Heath Ledger fans have taken their reverence for the late "The Dark Knight" star to a whole new level.
    Heath Ledger fans at Web site, The Ultimate Joker, launched a petition calling for studios to remove The Joker from future Batman movies.

Followers of the actor, who electrified audiences with his chilling reinvention of the Joker in the second Batman blockbuster, are calling for the character to be retired from the movies permanently."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/12/ledgerjokercampaign.screeningroom/index.html?iref=newssearch

I'm sure this is a small group of lunatics, but sometimes it depresses me that there are people this stupid still alive. Had Jack Nicholson died the day after Batman came out 20 years ago, you could have made the same argument. Looking back, wouldn't that have been dumb?

Draft saved Draft deleted