1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Crying Game

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Roses Bookie, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Think a shot of Tiger crying after winning the British Open today will make a few front page covers today? Thought so.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Yeah, I was just coming to post that, although it's different in that A) he won, not lost and B) it's Tiger.

[​IMG]

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

C) "Lick balls!"

He did win the tournament, though.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I know, but I'm just saying. Win or lose, a crying shot is always a good consideration. Tiger makes it an automatic.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It's Tiger. If he celebrated by taking a dump on the green, we'd run it, too.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If some high school team celebrates with booze, I'm so running that six columns. ;)

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I have a feeling some people would give him a wipe, too.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Like anything else it depends on the situation. If you got a shot of a Texas Tech cheerleader crying after the Red Raiders exit in the first round of the Big 12 Tourney, that's cliche. If it's Bobby Knight sobbing, that's a great photo.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Does Bob Knight cry?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The cutline could include somethng about Boots, left, showing Tiger Woods his way of giving "the shocker."

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

For a minute I thought this was a thread about Jaye Davidson's plumbing.

12. audreyld

audreyld Guest

As a photographer, I love it when athletes cry.

Don't knock the jube/agony shots. I'm kinda partial to them, when they move the visual story along.

Draft saved Draft deleted