1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The creepiness that is Spokeo.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A lot of my info is correct, a lot is WAYYYY off.

Has my house valued at over a million. Got a big hoot out of that. A million pennies maybe.

Still has my ex-wife, whom I divorced 10 years ago and have moved twice since then, listed as living in "my household."

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe you keep her tied up in the basement.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, the subterranean torture dungeon adds $900,000 to the value of the house. ;D ;D

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I looked up a bunch of friends/relatives, and every one had a house value of $1 million-plus. Sometimes tells me that's not quite right.

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

It has the former Mrs. Fear on there along with the current Mrs. Fear. All in one house.

6. dooley_womack1

Now is that fail or win?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They had a lot about me right but nothing that isn't on my Facebook page and other places (kids names, etc). They had a picture of my house - that isn't my house. Or a house in my neighborhood. They had my daughter living in a town she's never lived in.

8. dooley_womack1

[​IMG]

OK, so it wasn't your beautiful house. But was it your beautiful wife?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014

9. This video about them is scary.
    Go to 1:51.

10. Apparently I'm still living in Florida. I've got to tell you, Florida's changed -- what with the aurora borealis and frozen rivers and all.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My mom and I are the only two listed as living at my house. But when I clicked on my step-dad's profile, it said there are 3-4 people living there.

My grandma is on there, and I deleted her info. None of my coworkers are on there.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am the only person with my name living in America, and they still got some stuff wrong.

I would say 50% of the info came off of the purchase of homes.

Draft saved Draft deleted