1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Creation Science Fair

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'll wager my weight in doughnuts that it's a satire site. They seem pretty obsessed with Landover Baptist (another satire site), as though they're in competition. I'd bet my life on it, but then I figured I'd put something of worth on the line.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A couple of these projects show the kids are on their way to enjoying a long, happy, well-adjusted life:

"Mousetrap Reduced To Pile Of Functionless Parts" - Kevin Parker (grade 7)
    Mousetrap, meet hammer. Hammer, mousetrap.

"Thermodynamics Of Hell Fire" - Tom Williamson (grade 12)
    "Son, why did you set fire to the cat?"
    "Science fair, dad."

Patricia Lewis (grade 8) did an experiment to see if life can evolve from non-life. Patricia placed all the non-living ingredients of life - carbon (a charcoal briquet), purified water, and assorted minerals (a multi-vitamin) - into a sealed glass jar. The jar was left undisturbed, being exposed only to sunlight, for three weeks. (Patricia also prayed to God not to do anything miraculous during the course of the experiment, so as not to disqualify the findings.) No life evolved. This shows that life cannot come from non-life through natural processes.
    Hey Patricia, there's a reason your "experiment" didn't create life. Something miraculous DID happen. It's a fucking miracle this ridiculously lazy idea was allowed. This isn't a science experiment, it's three things people have laying under their refrigerator. Try it there and you'll have a different outcome. Those things turn into mold and roaches, you dumb bitch.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

God bless them.

Everyone can think what they want to think, and I hope when they get sick, they pray really hard for a cure at home and never set foot in a hospital.

Be open to other possibilities, like Uncle Steve being E.T., and if you do not believe what others believe, you sit quietly, learn about what they believe and understand it.

Learning about some thing is not believing in it.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If it's a hoax, it's pretty elaborate. They even have "Dinosaur & Man" coffee mugs

[​IMG]

5. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

This has to be fake. Check out this page:

http://objectiveministries.org/creation/pterosaurs.html

Moses's brazen pterosaur-scaring device? Come on.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wow

Those Civil War soldiers were great shots shooting that Thunderbird down.

That is a crazy site, but I am reading it, understanding it (?) but still not believing it.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Awful lot work for a joke.

Here's the sad part. It's hard to tell these days between the fake and the real when it comes to this stuff.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Sometimes a thing can be funny AND true.

9. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Relax and stand down. Just some creatively twisted individuals with too much time on their hands.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

The fact you called an eighth grade girl a "dumb bitch" and seemingly mean it has my eyes watering.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Reminds me of a great magazine piece I read once describing a trip to a creationist museum. They had life-sized models of dinosaurs -- wearing saddles for when the cavemen rode around on them.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Definitely not a real site. Higher being help us if it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted