1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Creation Science Fair

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Someone sent me this link. It's old, but still pretty funny (and scary that it's real):

http://objectiveministries.org/creation/sciencefair.html

Elementary School Level

Cassidy Turnbull and her uncle, Steve, who is not a monkey according to Cassidy's research. 1st Place: "My Uncle Is A Man Named Steve (Not A Monkey)"
    Cassidy Turnbull (grade 5) presented her uncle, Steve. She also showed photographs of monkeys and invited fairgoers to note the differences between her uncle and the monkeys. She tried to feed her uncle bananas, but he declined to eat them. Cassidy has conclusively shown that her uncle is no monkey.

2. 2nd Place: "Women Were Designed For Homemaking"

Jonathan Goode (grade 7) applied findings from many fields of science to support his conclusion that God designed women for homemaking: physics shows that women have a lower center of gravity than men, making them more suited to carrying groceries and laundry baskets; biology shows that women were designed to carry un-born babies in their wombs and to feed born babies milk, making them the natural choice for child rearing; social sciences show that the wages for women workers are lower than for normal workers, meaning that they are unable to work as well and thus earn equal pay; and exegetics shows that God created Eve as a companion for Adam, not as a co-worker.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Honorable mention, elementary school division: "Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" - Paul Sanborn (grade 4)

I weep for the future.

4. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Wow. I thought Waylon's post was a joke until I clicked on that link.

5. Big Circus

That Pokemon one reminds me of a comparison that would most likely be anathema to most creationists: PCU. "You can major in Game Boy if you know how to bullshit."

6. Big Circus

Here's the picture of her uncle Steve. You can, in fact, clearly see that he is no monkey. Creationism wins!

[​IMG]

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Please, someone, tell me this is an elaborate spoof.
    Please?

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Sweet jeebus.

9. "... physics shows that women have a lower center of gravity than men, making them more suited to carrying groceries and laundry baskets ..."

;D

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Ditto.
    Egads.
    But this fair was in 2001. I'm sure they've come quite far since then.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No, certainly not a monkey. He does, however, look like a jackass.

12. Grimace

Grimace Guest

You're all a bunch of bigoted anti-Christian, haters. I'll say a prayer tonight for all of you non-monkeys.

Draft saved Draft deleted