1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "chunky" OKC cheerleader

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 30, 2013.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My buddy's BIL's wife was a former NBA cheerleader, she probably wasn't front-line for the team, but even after three kids...still a 6.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm not nearly as boring over a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If a pseudononymous made-up blogger gets fired in the forest, does anybody hear the sound?

Why didn't they just fire "Claire Crawford" and "hire" "Vicky Vale" or "Lois Lane" to take her place?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, my tiny college had two Colts cheerleaders. They both looked relatively normal on an everyday basis. Pretty, of course. But just one of us, really. It was, strangely, not even much of their campus identity.

5. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

What's the OKC cheerleaders' name?

6. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Kelsey Williams.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you're going to sock-puppet at least change identities to avoid talking with yourself.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Holy shit, that's surreal.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's OK. NDJournalist answered NDJournalist's question.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Ask your wife to put on a Catholic school outfit and a lot of makeup and it won't be the same woman you're used to making you coffee every morning, either.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's smokin' the good shit tonight.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I have two stories regarding teaching ostensibly "hot" (but undercover "hot") young women.

First, my Cowboys cheerleader, she flunked. She didn't flunk because she wasn't bright (or even a good student). She'd skipped an exam because of some reason (I can't remember) but back then I dropped an exam score so she was plugging along just fine. Then, as the run-up to the vote on the tax/bonds for Cowboys Stadium heightened, she (and the other cheerleaders) started getting big-bucks gigs making promotional appearances to whip up support. Unfortunately, several of those were coming up right as another exam was scheduled. She asked me if she could get an extra skip, because she had a chance to make $10,000 in a week with those appearances. I told her I couldn't give her that and be fair to the rest of the class, but I also suggested she address it as a business decision. Lessee ... $10,000 over here. Over here, you'll be out around $1,200 for the course, and you'll get an F ... but they have a grade forgiveness policy, so that probably won't ultimately hurt you at all. She chose to make the appearances (and make the money) and I didn't blame her a bit.

My other story's from a couple of years ago. I was in one of those intense, two-week sessions where the class meets four hours a day. You grab any chance to mix up the discussion you can. Anyway, one day I was talking about something in services and asked if anyone at the time was working in retail. This really nondescript young lady raised her hand. She was the sweatsuits-and-baseball-cap-all-the-time kind of kid. Any, she says, "Yeah, I work in retail." When I asked where, she said "Victoria's Secret." I have never seen 15 young men aroused from a mid-afternoon stupor as instantaneously as that. I'm talking napping-to-full-on-alert in a microsecond. I had to fight like hell to not laugh out loud.

Draft saved Draft deleted