1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chicago Shite Sox

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, May 6, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You can get the Cubs winning the World Series on DVD too.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=104529609

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Fucking Awesome.

3. LWillhite

LWillhite Member

You people finally link to one of my stories and you get sidetracked by some stupid Scotty Pods discussion...then something about the Cubs winning the World Series? C'mon, you're better than that. I've never seen a thread-jack on here before! :D

To be fair, the Sox game ended suddenly around 11:40 p.m. -- 10 minutes after deadline. That might explain the rushed headline.

Also, please forgive the crap lede.

LW

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Everybody knows the beat guy writes the headlines...

Are they really making you and Bruce cover road games by TV?

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Not what I meant at all, Guy. They were a power hitting team. They got a very valuable piece in return and the salary difference helped them build the team.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Lisa Dergan, former Playmate. She was on the Fox regional channels in L.A., then, I think, moved on to Phoenix.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.supanet.com/media/00/09/91/Lisa_Dergan.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.supanet.com/mens_room/mensroom_galleries/gallery/331/1/&h=300&w=210&sz=15&tbnid=VT-3OsH0Heo_GM::&tbnh=116&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3DLisa%2BDergen&usg=__2iIXyLDZbHvq3NruTVR17U9yjtA=&ei=6OMBSqfRDYz8swPs-cX5BQ&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=6&ct=image

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hey, keep up the good work LW -- including the slick headlines. :D

Seriously, as someone who used to string for your paper long ago, I hope the DH can move up a couple of rungs in the Chicagoland newspaper world thanks to all the crap that's gone down with Zell and Co.

8. RickStain

In all seriousness, the Daily Herald is very underrated by Chicago sports fans for sports coverage.

9. LWillhite

LWillhite Member

Armchair, I was just filling in last night. But, yes, we're watching the road games...at least for the time being. I'd like to think we'll get back on the road after the all-star break, but I suppose it depends on the economy.

Coco, regarding Zell and Co., I hope my Tribune brethren aren't noticing I'm some sort of jinx. In the last nine months, I've lost Skip Myslenski, Neil Milbert, Terry Bannon and John Mullin from the beats where we crossed paths....Yeah, now that I think about it, it's safe to blame all of the Tribune Co. layoffs on me.

RickStain, thanks for the kind words. One of these years, we hope to move into the overrated category. I think we need Mizzougrad to start hyping us. Just kidding, Mizzou. There are no f'in studs at our joint. Just blue-collar Chi-caw-go guys trying to get after it. In that vein, if any of you have Hockey Hall of Fame votes out there (does the process work like baseball?), how 'bout giving my guy Tim Sassone a vote sometime?

LW

10. RickStain

Outing alert: The Daily Herald White Sox beat writer is Sam Zell in disguise.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hang in there. Can't be fun trying to write a game story off the TV.

12. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Solid.

Draft saved Draft deleted