1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chicago Best Buy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 18, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Other than NASCAR, nothing beats European hockey.

I'm Lovin' it.

[​IMG]

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I read the first few grafs and thought they changed their name to the Best Buy. Then I read further and realized it's still the Chicago Fire, but they're sponsored by the Geek Squad.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, do not speak ill of Pastor's second-favorite team.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Too bad they don't put Geek Squad on the jerseys. It'd be appropriate, if nothing else.
    Personally, I'm waiting for the sponsorship deal with Tropicana or Capri Sun. Free orange slices and sippy paks for everyone!

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Didn't the Memphis Grizzlies want to be the Memphis Express after Fed-Ex, with purple and orange unis?

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Seriously, someone else mentioned NASCAR...but I see plenty of kids in Lowe's/Home Depot/Budweiser T-shirts. And this is so commonplace everywhere else.

That guy's argument is lame.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What? A Steelers fan rooting for a Seattle futbol team? What the hell? I was hoping I'd be the only Seattle MLS team fan on the site.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Until the Pittsburgh Riverhounds are promoted to the MLS, my fanboyishness in the American league is open for bidding.

9. accguy

accguy Member

I hope this wasn't the first Fire column that Couch has ever written. If so, that's lame.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I wonder if he did the same when Under Armor started advertising in-between the Ivy at Wrigley.

11. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

What abo
    That wouldn't be any different than the Green Bay Packers or the Decatur Staleys.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It has been part of soccer for at least 20 years and is coming to the rest of the world in the next decade. Remember when there were no court-side or rink-side ads?

Draft saved Draft deleted