1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chicago Best Buy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 18, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Uh, this isn't a good thing for the MLS to emulate, as far as the rest of the world.

[​IMG]

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/couch/745131,CST-SPT-greg17.article

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

In what alternate universe has THIS guy been living in? Wait, was he being sarcastic? It's kind of hard to tell.

Still doesn't beat the Richmond Kickers' kit from the mid-1990's. They had a deal with Target. A Target logo on their shirt ... and Target bulls-eyes on each butt cheek. Truly an epic moment in sports sponsorship history.

3. Chico's Bail Bonds?

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

What do you mean?

Best Buy is just a sponsor. How is this different than when the LA Galaxy allowed HerbaLife to be their shirt sponsor or Real Salt Lake allowed Xango on the front.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You know the rest of the world generates revenue by allowing sponsorship onto jerseys.

In fact, if you look closely the NFL does it too, with the proliferation of Reebok logos on its jersey.

Logo creep is the American version of shirt sponsorship.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

What has two thumbs and looks like an anus? This guy!

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Best team owner ever!

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy that jersey because Best Buy sucks.

And because I'm holding out my MLS fanboyishness for the new team in Seattle.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Harry Doyle: Well, fans, Roger Dorn has done a little redecorating around the ballpark. The outfield walls now look like the Yellow Pages. And any of you folks having trouble finding a good proctologist might want to come down here and check out the area around the 375 foot sign. As for the game, we've got a real nail-biter here tonight. It's a lot closer than that 11-2 score.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Is this the Best Buy where Ron Artest used to work?

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Great work, MM! I couldn't stop laughing after that one.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

What about the NY Red Bulls named after the drink?

Draft saved Draft deleted