1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The case for Florida

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bruhman, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Why? Had Michigan beaten Wisconsin and become the No. 1 team, would the Badgers deserve another shot? Not a great argument.

2. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I really wanted to see OSU-USC. Ohio State would beat Florida by 20 points. The question is, Is Florida playing impressively enough (donkey punt-fielding, gimpy McFadden) to warrant jumping Michigan?

What's funny is (as far as OSU's concerned) the USC loss today basically made OSU-UM Part I irrelevant ... if the Buckeyes lost it would be OSU-UM for sure.

3. Bears00

Bears00 Member

I'm not a fan of the Big 11, but the real crime is Wisconsin not getting a BCS bid because of the rule not allowing three teams from the same conference in BCS games.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Ding, ding, ding.

UM's one loss was to the nation's only undefeated team by 3 points. UF lost to a two-loss Auburn team by 10. Simple as that.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's going to come down to the coaches and the Harris votes. How many want a rematch?

6. pallister

pallister Guest

INT Florida, this game's over.

7. Guess Tennessee vs. Cal was a fluke then. I would definitely rank the SEC head and shoulders above any other league this season. I would wager most educated individuals would as well.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And CBS is piling on now with all the "style points" crapola and sucking up to the SEC. Is the contract up?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, I had the same opinion of 2002 Ohio State before it beat the Canes to win it.

10. GFav44

GFav44 Member

The reason why Michigan might get jumped is because they are not playing any games. If they had games after the Ohio State game, then they can "prove themselves" to voters. Since they do not, they need help to get a rematch. I'll say it again...College football needs a playoff. If they had a playoff, then things will be better. As of right now, the way the participants in the Nat'l Championship are chosen is very sunjective which really blows.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

This has to go on the short list of "stupidest SportsJournalists.com posts. evar."

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hate rematches, but I would rather see UM-OSU than OSU-Florida...

Draft saved Draft deleted