1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bucket List

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It doesn't get much better than Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman sharing the big screen...

I'm not going to sit here and say that its either's best work. Given the number of outstanding films both have been in, that might be impossible...

But it is still one hell of a great fucking film... One of the best of the year without question...

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Surprised to hear that. As much as I love both guys, the commercials made it look like utter crap. I might have to rethink that.

3. Mizzougrad96

It says a lot when you watch a film that you know 99 percent of what is going to happen and you still enjoy it so immensely.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I would watch anything Jack is in.

5. Mizzougrad96

I feel the same way about him and Freeman... Both have made a few bombs, but there aren't too many actors living or dead who have had the careers those two have...

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

mizzou,

what about it did you like so much? curious.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

If you stick around as long as they have, you're bound to have some bombs. But overall, top notch actors, both of them.

8. Mizzougrad96

I know it's not exactly a groundbreaking film and as I said in a previous post, every person who sees a preview knows most of what is going to happen...

For me, there are so few actors who have the kind of screen presence that Nicholson and Freeman have... They make it look so easy... I see a lot of movies and I wasn't exactly excited about this one, but I couldn't take my eyes off the screen...

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It looks terrible in previews and the reviews are bad, buy hey, I've been surprised before.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

The previews didn't look so good and Newsday just destroyed it, but the Daily News thought it was OK and the Post gave it 3 1/2 stars.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'm not sure if this, P.S. I Love You, or Great Debaters will prove the most cloying, bilious piece of shit of the holiday season.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Jones,

It's P.S. I Love You. No question.

i/r/t The Great Debaters, I'll say this: Washington, as a director, kisses some ass, but not as much as a guy like Demme might if he directed this movie. The movie's not awful, even if it is thematically safe. I like some of Washington's choices as a director, though, just as I liked them in Antwone Fisher.

Draft saved Draft deleted