1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The British Adventures of The Hoff, Part the Second

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 27, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey, pipe down. Some of his friends are black.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Thread-jack: How come the picture under my name only shows up once in a while. Can you guys always see it?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

4. The Big Ragu

I've got your sig a few months from now, BYH:

[​IMG]

There's even a little something for Dyepack:

[​IMG]

5. The Big Ragu

Here or on the Official T-shirt thread?

[​IMG]

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Each day, a new person emerges on this site as my hero. Today, it's you, Ragu. His official site is nothing short of amazing.

I stole this excerpt from his blog:

News message from David:

Hi everyone,
    It's been a while since my last message and I'm sorry for that. Just to give you a few updates, I will be attending the Premiere of Click this Wednesday, June 14th. Making it with Adam Sandler was a fun time and I hope you all get out to see it. It opens wide in the U.S. on June 23rd.
    I have been busy taping a new game show for NBC titled "America's Got Talent." Regis Philbin is the host and I am one of the 3 judges. It premieres here on June 21st.
    Watch it, it will make you laugh. Unfortunately I will be unable to appear in the New Wimbledon Theatre's Christmas Pantomine Production of "Peter Pan" due to conflicting dates with a TV commitment here in the states. I know many of you were looking forward to a trip to London to see me and I'm sorry to disappoint you. Let's see what awaits around the corner.

Love to you all and keep smilin'. David

I would've spent the money I plan on giving the guy who bitch slaps Berman to see this.

EDIT: It's now been more than a month since his last update, but now that I know about his site, I'll be checking everyday for a new message. I hate myself.

7. The Big Ragu

This always cracks me up. From the IMDB trivia page about Knight Rider:

According to Brandon Tartikoff, the head of programming at NBC during the 1980s, the inspiration for the series came about when NBC executives started complaining about the problems of casting handsome leading men in TV series, because many of them couldn't act. Tartikoff and his assistant came up with a concept for a TV show called, "The Man of Six Words". Each show would begin with the leading man getting out of a woman's bed and saying, "Thank you." Occasionally, throughout the show, the leading man would say, "Okay," when receiving orders from his boss. Then he would chase down some villains and say "Freeze!" Finally, when the people he had saved from death would thank him, he would say, "You're welcome." For the rest of the show, the car would do all the talking. Although Tartikoff had meant the pitch to be a joke, the NBC executives liked the idea of a TV show about a man with a talking car, and approved it for development.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That just looks painful.

Any chance at all that it works like a voodoo doll?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

That and I'm too fucking drunk so they booted my ass back to the states.

10. The Big Ragu

OK. Brace yourself. Drink a shot of Tequila. Make sure you are sitting. And don't say I didn't warn you.

11. The Big Ragu

Holy shit. Oh. My. God.

EDIT: Not what I thought I remembered. But holy shit.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I've got a lot of Hoff to share with the world.

Thank you, Ragu, for doing your part.

Draft saved Draft deleted