1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The British Adventures of The Hoff, Part the Second

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 27, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

David Hasselhoff was barred from boarding a flight to Los Angeles because he showed up too drunk at London's Heathrow airport, according to reports.

The actor/singer had his travel plans postponed by two hours Wednesday after airport officials declared him unfit to fly.

Witnesses tell British newspaper The Sun the 54-year-old, who claims to have beaten his battle with booze, was clearly inebriated and his behavior startled them.

One source, who saw the actor pick up the boss of the airport's duty free shop, said, "He seemed merry. He's a huge fella and the manageress is tiny. He picked her up then put her down."

A British Airways spokesman confirmed, "A male passenger was denied boarding on the BA279 Heathrow to Los Angeles service because he was deemed unfit for travel. He was assessed later and passed fit to fly on BA283."

Hasselhoff's publicist, Judy Katz, has blasted the story as "totally untrue."

She says, "Due to a new medication prescribed by his doctor in London on Tuesday for an infection in his injured hand, Mr. Hasselhoff became ill at Heathrow Airport yesterday and requested to be put on a later flight to Los Angeles.

"They gave him some strong antibiotics and he got sick at the airport. He couldn't get on the plane. It was his choice.

"He left London on a 12 noon British Airways flight and will be appearing on 'America's Got Talent' later today."

The hand injury Katz is referring to stems from a shaving accident Hasselhoff had last month, when he cut himself in his hotel bathroom.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=7487

But I'm The Hoff!

(No, antibiotics don't make you drunk. Shouldn't, anyway.)

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Just in case someone hasn't seen this:

Courtesy of The Big Ragu, I believe.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Funniest. Thing. Ever.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't get it. Why didn't he just put on his fur jumpsuit hop on his magic carpet and fly himself to Los Angeles?

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Even after all this time, it's still the most mesmerizing thing in my life. I used to be angry, but now I'm thankful.

EDIT: I think we're all asking ourselves that, Ragu.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

How could you be angry at The Hoff? Look at the joy he's given us!!

OOOGA CHAKA OOOGA CHAKA!!!

7. How drunk do you have to be to get 86'd at Heathrow?

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That's what I'm getting at. Not counting his buddies in the video, what do you think his relationship with black people is like? I have to think it's tenuous at best.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

Today's burning question: Was that a Casio keyboard or a backup band?

Given some of the people I've seen get on planes while clearly intoxillated, I'd say somewhere between 10 and 14 sheets to the wind.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Drunk enough to sling the petite female manager of the duty free shop over your shoulder and parade her around the terminal shouting, "Make way for the Hoff." Oh the visuals.

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I just watched the video a few more times and it's pretty conclusive a Casio SA-75 is used.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

Ladies and gentlemen, Overrated has been sent back to his corner for a low blow. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted