1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Boys on Amazon - spoiler thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m starting this just to let people know that after four episodes...

Ho

Lee

Fuc

This show is fucking amazing.

I’ll be back when I’m done.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Agreed.
    The previews and trailers didn’t do it justice.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought the trailers were good, but it's tough to depict just how bonkers things get. I tried explaining the dolphin scene to a few people I knew wouldn't watch the series and you just have to see it in context to fully appreciate it.

The show truly is diabolical, and I mean that the way Billy Butcher uses the term.

I finished Season 1 already and the ending is fittingly twisted.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Already been picked up for S2.

5. outofplace

I thought I saw something about that in an online headline, but I avoided opening it because I was trying to stay away from spoilers until I finished watching the first season. I'm certainly glad to hear it. It was an excellent ending for a first season, but it would have sucked as the final episode of a series.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

This is a great compliment to the MCU. Marvel is just so damn good and good. The Boys is just good and twisted. This is 10x better than anything DC has done.

I wonder if he saw dead people while he was eating that sink?

I am already looking forward to season 2.

There has to be a way to kill Homelander, right?

7. outofplace

Are we considering this a thread for only spoilers for what has happened on the show, or is it fair game to post about the comic as well?

That said, they've already made at least one very big departure from the comic and a few others that are smaller, but significant.

Supposedly, the creators were only told they had to cut one scene because it was too much. In it, Homelander would have been standing atop the Vought building masturbating while saying over and over again, "I can do whatever the fuck I want."

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I haven't read the comic, so as long as you don't mention something far off that hasn't happened yet, I don't really care.

9. outofplace

I started reading the comic from the beginning. I hadn't realized just how much they toned things down for the show.

Also, I understand why fans of the book were disappointed that we only saw Billy Butcher's dog in a flashback in Season 1. Happily, there is a report that he will get more screen time in the second season.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Watched all 8 episodes this weekend, excellent show. I'm too old to ever have heard of the comic book which the show is based on.
    Watchmen on HBO begins in October, probably before Season 2 begins on The Boys. Similarly dark?

11. outofplace

The source material is dark, but doesn't go quite as far over the top as The Boys.

12. outofplace

Draft saved Draft deleted