1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The board is a little boring today ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Mar 30, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Are you trying to get me banned?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Perhaps. I was 11 or 12 when Ewing missed that shot. I was a basketball fan, who rooted for players and good games, but my best friend bled blue and orange. We saw Ewing's shot leave his hands, hit the back of the rim and glance off the front. My friend put his head in his hands, and I couldn't help but laugh a little. I had a little hoop set up on my door, and for the next few weeks, I'd replay Ewing's shot for my friend. He eventually tore the basket down.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The last-place Astros and fifth-place Reds rolled over and died for a lot of teams that year.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, HB. He and I are also very big 311 fans. He knows almost every word to every one of their songs. But he won't sing this line: Smooth like Reggie Miller in an airborne freeze frame. He enjoys the song, but shudders at that line.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

My favorite baseball-related memory of that summer was when I heard that Darryl Doucheberry complained to the media that the Braves didn't know when they were supposed to go away, or words to that effect. :D

6. 2muchcoffeeman

And all the Dodgers had to do was not lose three straight to the Padres and Giants in the final four days. Hell, they got two-hit by Trevor Wilson (career 41-46, 3.87 ERA) the day the Braves clinched. Legendary choke job by the Dodgers. Just legendary.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, doucheberry sucked monkey balls.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey you sonuvabitch, i've never taken a shit on one of your threads. ;)

9. 2muchcoffeeman

I thought he sucked cocaine.

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Agreed. It was a choke like 1982 was.

11. JLaff

JLaff Guest

Jeremy Giambi.

12. Word for motherfucking word

Draft saved Draft deleted