1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Sounds like it's time for a DNA test.

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

If it were true, that's probably the worst way ever to let a child know he/she is adopted. Other than, of course, laughing and pointing, going "Oh, bitch, you're not my real son! Tell me how my ass tastes."

3. ArnoldBabar

True story: When I was a kid, I found adoption papers in with my birth certificate. Turns out my parents had all but given up on conceiving and were filling out the forms when my mom got pregnant. For some reason they both ended up in the same file folder and it freaked me the fuck out when I found it. Not my dad's best filing choice.

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Jesus, that's gotta be frightening. My sister always thought she was adopted because she looks nothing like anyone in the family except, strangely, the wife of an uncle. No rogue adoption papers filed away anywhere, though.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Gets "me" every time.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Hey, it's the only thing I do well. Other than eat an orange, of course. I am unmatched there.

7. ArnoldBabar

That's a bold statement. I know of some badass orange eaters. No way you compare to Jimmy "The Rind" McNamara or Jim "Vitamin C" Cavalerro.

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

"But, I'm quoting myself."

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I rarely have to make more than one tear in the peal. And I don't have to swallow the pieces, though I do because what's the point of eating an orange without grabbing the citrus taste?

I compare. I compare favorably.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

"I can't believe it. He fell for that story."

11. ArnoldBabar

At least my parents wanted me.

Draft saved Draft deleted