1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Black Sports Reporters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Sep 3, 2006.

1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

David Boston career statistics

1999 Arizona Cardinals 16 8 40 473 11.8 43 2 6 2 21
    <b>2000 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 71 1156 16.3 70 7 17 7 48
    2001 Arizona Cardinals 16 15 98 1598 16.3 61 8 28 7 72
    2002 Arizona Cardinals 8 8 32 512 16.0 34 1 10 0 28
    2003 San Diego Chargers 14 14 70 880 12.6 46 7 13 2 42</b>
    2004 -- Suspended four games for steroid violation.
    2004 Miami Dolphins 0 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0 0
    2005 Miami Dolphins 5 0 4 80 20.0 54 0 1 1 2

Can't find a list of all NFL players who have been suspended for steroids, but if memory serves correct, they are usually running backs (sammy morris, ricky williams), wide receivers (boston), and defensive backs (matt stevens). Can't remember many linemen. Maybe I'm wrong, just going off of memory.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Why are those four years in bold, and not his rookie year, too?

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

That's because linemen, having been juicing longer, are better at covering their tracks. Those Carolina linemen didn't get caught by any test.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Assuming Lance Armstrong has always been clean.

Has any American professional athlete reaped as many benefits and achievments as Barry Bonds, through the use of performance enhancing substances??

5. mark mcgwire, jose canseco, sammy sosa, raffy p, brady anderson, etc....... bonds was the best player of this era long before he saw a needle. steroids have ruined the last 4 years of bonds career. he has not benefitted.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Jason, I may regret asking this -- and I'll preface this quickly by saying I've avoided much of the steroid talk on this board for the last year, mainly because I'm so sick of, and sickened by, this story.

But are you suggesting that McGwire, Canseco, Sosa, Palmeiro, Anderson, et al, are generally considered clean by the American public?

7. no. i don't think people consider them clean. i think they built amazing baseball careers using drugs.... bonds built an amazing career with his own talents and then briefly enhanced his talents with drugs...

8. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

How is one worse than the other? Cheaters, all, no?

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

First, nice assumption he hasn't been on SOMETHING for his whole career.

11 years ago, what would you have written?

"O.J. Simpson was a personable, funny guy, except for a brief moment of irritation."

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

That, sir, is a gigantic assumption, one that very likely isn't the case.

I wonder if most Americans assume Lance is clean (I obviously don't), and what it would take to convince them he is not.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That's a sport whose testing has nabbed dozens upon dozens of competitors.

What's it gonna take for jokers such as you to stop smearing his name?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Lance Armstrong has never tested positive for steroids. Nor has Barry Bonds. Both are surrounded by circumstantial evidence. BTW, ask his former wife about St. Lance's good name.

Draft saved Draft deleted