1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Black Eyed Peas 'Retire' Their Epic Masterpiece My Humps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

The Black Eyed Peas Are Retiring "My Humps"
    [​IMG]

Because "My Humps" just doesn't come close to the lyrical poetry in "I Gotta Feeling," The Black Eyed Peas are putting it to sleep temporarily and will no longer perform it live. Will.i.cant tells MTV News that you won't be seeing Fergie Ferg sing live about her lovely lady lumps and stuff anymore.

“For a while, [we did] ‘My Humps’ and then it got to the point where we didn’t want to play ‘My Humps’ no more. You know, ’cause ‘I met a girl down at the disco,’ I just didn’t want to say that no more, lyrically.

It wasn’t like my best lyrically, but it was fun.”

The international nightmare called BEP that we thought would be around as long as half-time shows and Pepsi commercials exist is showing signs of weakening! The sooner they disintegrate into robot dust, the sooner Fergie can go back to making REAL music. You know, like the kind she made with Wild Orchid. http://www.dlisted.com/2011/04/22/qotd-black-eyed-peas-are-retiring-my-humps#comments
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1662489/black-eyed-peas-prince-i-gotta-feeling.jhtml

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Re: The Black Eyed Peas 'Retire' Their Masterpiece My Humps

I've got a feeling their 15 minutes are over.

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Heather Morris from Glee has the humps now

4. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

I liked the uncensored version of Let's Get Retarded. It fits in well with these environs.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Because it's never a bad time for that.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Seems to me that "My Humps" belongs to Will Ferrell now.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

After the steaming watery turd-bucket they laid at the Super Bowl, by virtual worldwide acclamation the worst halftime performance in SB history, it might not be a bad idea for the Black-Dyed Pees to "retire" altogether.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wasn't My Humps from Fergie's solo career?

"Let's get retarded" is played in the first Harold and Kumar movie. I think I read the band hasn't played that version in about a decade.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Who called in and thanked you for forgetting them. Of course, they're so old some of them had forgotten as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted