1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bitch is gone, the bitch is gone...teeheeheeheeheeheehee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 25, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No, I don't think that.

And I never said it.

I said that Rosie O'Donnell and Sean Hannity are not the same. Pretty simple, really.

One is a comedienne who occasionally barfs out left-wing nonsense. The other is a 100 percent political commentator whose entire profession is based on barfing out right-wing nonsense.

Rosie and Dennis Miller are comparable.

Sean Hannity and Randi Rhodes are comparable.

But comparing Rosie to Sean is like comparing apples to lugnuts.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Rosie was given a crappy offer from ABC because Disney got hundreds of thousands of emails and letters asking that she be removed (So says the WSJ).
    And good riddance. Her cutsie "I love Tom Cruise, he's my boyfriend" act got old real quick (and how did THAT turn out, by the way) so she went to you must listen to my political beliefs and agree with me or you are stupid.
    Dear Rosie:
    Die, career, die.

3. BTExpress

Dear markvid:

Thanks for your interest in my career.

But I make more in interest in one day than you make in a year.

Love, Rosie.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Why in the hell I laughed that hard at that, I have no idea.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I absolutely hate these Rosie O'Donnell threads. I click on it, not knowing what it's about and it's 'hate Rosie this and hate Rosie that'......it's giving me a complex. :-\ :'(

Can't we find something else to call her so that there is no confusion whatsoever that -- she has no connections, and the posts have no connection -- to me?

Just a thought.

Sincerely,

Rosie of SportsJournalists.com

6. BTExpress

I believe that Yawn, thoughtful poster that he is, took that into consideration when he used "something else to call her" in the original title to this thread.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Markvid, I say, it's funny because it's true!

And again, to anyone who doesn't see a difference between Yawn's level of discourse and Fenian's, please seek psychological help immediately.

That's like saying there isn't a difference between M_W and Yawn, or even Lyman and Yawn. There is a difference, and it is important.

Yawn's posts display no wit.

Yawn never posts on anything other than politics.

Yawn bitterly attacks whole groups of people every other day.

Yawn fails to use logic, and will not respond to a legitimate difference of opinion by explaining himself more fully.

I have never seen Yawn post, "We'll agree to disagree here."

Honestly, are people so afraid of "politics" that they are not able to see significant difference in levels of discourse?

Agree or disagree with his politics, Fenian -- and others, like Ragu and M_W and Alma, etc. -- raise the level of conversation around here. If you can say the same about Yawn, you're a liar or a fool.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Yet he can't just always post pictures of Maggie G., which is what all of us (or at least I) want.

9. Well, Ides, it's easier than thinking, I guess.
    How anybody can look at the years 1992-2007 and conclude that conservative and liberal rhetoric is a zero-sum game in terms of influence -- and, therefore in terms of their relative effect on all of us -- remains beyond me.

10. I can't say Yawn has raised the level of discussion around here. I agree with you, Zeke.

Problem is, an overwhelming majority of the time — in my opinion — neither has Fenian. But there are enough hard-core Democrats on here that feel he has, and so he gets a free pass when he posts new topic after new topic with some "look at how clever I am" headline that's actually just one more item centered on his political viewpoint.

I just think it's a little hypocritical to prop up one guy and tear the other guy down, just because the ideology is different. To me, they're both just trolls wearing different clothing.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Maybe Barbara Walters made her just use one sheet, per Sheryl Crow's orders.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's because you're oversimplifying things to an absurdity.

Fenian doesn't "get a pass" because people like his politics. He's been here a while and he makes a contribution. He gets called plenty of names, I promise you.

But at least he can defend his point coherently.

Draft saved Draft deleted