1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Biggest LOOSER -- running weight loss thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Mar 18, 2010.

1. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Member

Starting June 1 I tried to cut all added sugars from my diet. I've been pretty consistent on it and I've dropped 16 pounds -- 214 to 198. I tried to add in going to the gym a little bit too and that helps. I am hoping to get back to the 185 range but I already feel a lot better.

exmediahack and I Should Coco like this.
  2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Update: About a week after this, my doc told me that my triglycerides were high -- not like scary high, but definitely higher than they should be -- and recommended a dietary overhaul, which included ... eliminating added sugar.

So: Since June 20, I've severely limited added sugar and have all but eliminated dairy, pork, white rice and white bread from my daily intake. Without significantly increasing my exercise, I lost 18 pounds in two months. Now that I'm back to what I think I should weigh (I'm 49, 5-7 and in the high 140s), I've started bumping the exercise back up to where I was a few years ago. Have never felt better.

Webster and WriteThinking like this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Eliminating unnecessary sugar is probably the biggest reason why I lost weight and the biggest factor to putting it back on. I'm down 12 pounds in the past 3 weeks, largely from recommitting to my sugar cut down and eliminating alcohol.

Draft saved Draft deleted