1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The big storm of 2009

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Mar 1, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I moved from Illinois to a place within an hour's drive of the Canadian border this year.

All you snow-whiners can stick it.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was talking with my dad in Rhode Island on the phone this afternoon and he mentioned they were getting ready for a big snow storm.

I quietly chuckled, to which he replied, "Asshole."

3. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Raspberry. Poptarts.

All I need.

Homer: [on the phone, disguising his voice]
    There's a $10,000 bill in it for you.
    Barney: Oh yeah? Which president's on it?
    Homer: Uh... All of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch. :D

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If you check the Anything Goes board, you'll see I'm already a victim.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Man, they did that to you, too? I know too well how much that sucks.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hey Moddy....SUCK IT UP!! You get snow like what, once every four years? Ohhhh, it took you a whole hour to get home from work?? Poor guy. ;)

Honestly, though, I fucking hate snow with the same kind of passion. I got no use for that garbage. Does nothing but make the bad drivers even worse.

Looks like we in the NOVA area got a couple inches overnight. Fed Govt is on a two hour delay with an unscheduled leave all day if you want. Not exactly sure what that means for me, but I'll soon find out. Since schools are closed, the wife is off, which is cool.

They're saying it's supposed to keep snowing through the morning, but it looks like it's stopped at my house. For now.

Edit: I obviously didn't look hard enough...it's snowing pretty fucking hard outside right now.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

About four inches here in NORI (Northern Richmond), and it is still coming down.

I just pushed some snow with a shovel, and five minutes later it was dusted over thanks to the blustery wind.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Send some snow here, PLEASE. Got up to the mid 60s here on the Wet Coast.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You're complaining? It's March; the start of 300 days of sunshine. Keep the cold away from here, por favor.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Definitely took a snow day today. No chance I'm mixing it up with the already awful drivers here in NOVA/DC.

We got about 6 inches of snow at my place.

You shovel out yet, Moddy?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The tape measure read nine inches on the back deck.

I cannot remember nine inches ever, and this is freeking Virginia.

When I was a kid, the winter of 1976 I guess had some massive snow in Western PA, but I cannot remember how much snow fell.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

We got more than a foot of UNEXPECTED snow this morning.

East coast pansies. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted