1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The big storm of 2009

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I've just gotten used to it. I've lived in New Hampshire all my life and I've seen the worst of what Winter can bring. I've been snowed in and I've been stranded on the road. I've left for work at 3 a.m. during a blizzard for a 6 a.m. shift and still arrived 20 minutes late in 2006.

Drive slow, leave early and you'll be fine.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Not an ounce of politics in there. Truth, yes. Politics? No.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What's happening in Baltimore and DC? I'm supposed to fly there on Tuesday.

I'm guessing I should be fine, but I'm assuming that the Balto-Wash area has a level of competence in handling snow removal that far, far exceeds Louisville's.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Amazing how much bullshit you can fit into one line.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You know, you don't <i> have </i> to go to the gym.

7. blueview

blueview Member

All this talk about snow is ridiculous ... because there's none falling yet. Of course, I'll probably change that tune tomorrow morning when we're snowed in ... again.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

By Tuesday you'll be cool. It's snowing around here now and will continue into the overnight. No one will have school on Monday. We're expecting around 6 inches, give or take. But by the time you get here Tuesday it'll just be cold and annoying.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I took yesterday off. So yeah I do. :D

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

about 3 inches thus far but not snowing presently. more expected after 3 a.m. schools announced they'd be closed at about 5 sunday afternoon. mrs. shockey did our food shopping this morning, wise woman that she is.

heck, tonight her office manager called to say she'll know at 7 a.m. whether the office will be closed, too.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Does everything have to be political with you?

12. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Since Sonner isn't around to provide the NoVa update, but a couple of inches here and the wind is really starting to pick up. Apparently we haven't yet seen the heaviest snow. Schools already closed tomorrow... should be fun when I take my wife to work.

Draft saved Draft deleted