1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Big Diesel" a.k.a. "The Big Aristotle", files for divorce

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jnyce, Sep 4, 2007.

1. jnyce

jnyce New Member

From the Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/breaking_sports/story/225735.html

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Shocked, I tell ya!

Even bigger shock that this wasn't posted by the Villa Army.

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

No pleasure in this news.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Six kids, eh?

Hope that $20 million feeds all those mouths.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

From a logistical standpoint I always wondered how those two worked out. Shaq's 7-2 or so, Shaunie's about 5-3, tops.

She's definitely a cute little thing. All that money's gonna make her even cuter.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

According to the story, they had a prenup, so that half may not neccesarily be as large as it might have been.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I found this part quite interesting... what's she been doing?

Shaunie, he says, has been ''secretive about her assets . . . particularly with respect to certain properties owned or titled in either [her] name alone or in other entities.'' He wants the court to order Shaunie to give a ''correct accounting of all money, funds, stocks, bonds, and other securities (including bearer securities)'' that she came into during the marriage.

9. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

Never met him in person, but Shaq has always come off as a good guy to me. Maybe that's a bad take. Anybody have any war stories from covering him?

And as far as the divorce goes, that's a shame. I hope, for the children's sake, it works out amicably.

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

That was the first thing I thought when ever I would see Shaq with his wife... I mean, the dude is 7-2 with HUGE feet... she's 5-foot nothin'... um... really... how does... ya know... hmm... ouch?

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So who's the first columnist to call him "The Big Alimony Payment"?

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The key part of the story is that they've been married 'almost' five years. You can bet that pre-nup triggers another set of numbers after five years.

No doubt some lawyer or agent had a reminder in his or her blackberry: 'Sept 07, talk to Shaq re marriage, five year period expiring...'

Draft saved Draft deleted