1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The big day is here, at last

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Orange Hat Bobcat, Jul 12, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you and best wishes to your new bride.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Congrats. Enjoy. My wedding day was fucking awesome. Period. It was the single best day and most fun I've ever had in my life.

The birth of my daughter is right there. Actually, it might be the best day of my life, but it wasn't the most fun.

Enjoy the wedding. Best to you.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My brother-in-law's party ate breakfast at his mother's, and then we drank for a couple hours before getting ready. I was the best man at a friend of mine's -- obviously -- and we watched half a Mets-Phillies game. Cliff Floyd his two home runs, then we went to get him married.

There's plenty of time.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

In my experience, for the groom, there is absolutely nothing to do on the wedding day.

Make sure the best man has the rings and the envelopes to pay/tip everyone. Make sure everyone has his tux. Make sure you've got the license.

Then stand around and wait.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

And drink.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

OHB, congratulations and all the best in the future.

Say hello to your Dad from the other old guy (well, there was Spnited, too) at the Toronto outing.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mazel tov, amigo.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

OHB, all the best to you. While it's a big part of your board persona, please don't go through the ceremony in that orange hat. :)

Seriously, may things go off without a hitch, both today and for the rest of your days. Report back someday ... though not too soon.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

FarmerJ posted on her wedding day and got no awards.

Congrats OHBC. :D

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I've never actually seen the orange hat. I think it's been passed down to a young scribe.

And I told OHB months ago - all he needed for the honeymoon was swim trunks, a pair of slacks and a few nice shirts, and a value pack.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Awwww, my favorite baby Bobcat is getting married.

Best of luck to the two of you.

12. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I retract. The newlywed is runner-up.

Draft saved Draft deleted