1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best tournament I have ever seen.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bjot, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

All the players jumping to NBA kill the great teams

2. VictoryGallop

VictoryGallop Member

Hey Moddy,I, too, was courtside for Richmond-Syracuse. In fact, I've personally seen two of the four 15-2 shockers (also saw Coppin win in Pittsburgh.) Great tourney so far.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The one thing the lower seeds that are left have in common is that they are veteran ballclubs. You put a bunch of talented seniors on the floor and they aren't going to be intimidated because they've been through it before.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Good point AQB. The midmajors are much more likely to have senior-laden clubs. Hell, Kentucky may never have sophomore-laden clubs as long as Calipari's there.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's a great point.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought this was another CIT thread.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Too early to tell. I've seen great tournaments that led to quite forgettable Final Fours.
    For example, 2006...George Mason's memorable run, Florida's upset of Villanova, a young LSU squad stunning Texas and UCLA outgrinding Memphis seemed to set up a great Final Four. Turned out to be a dog.
    Or '97: Arizona beats Kentucky in a classic final (which I had to wait a few years to see on ESPN Classic - worked that night in a blizzard and hoped to watch it the next day, only to discover the power went out at my place midway through the first half). Looking back at the bracket, I remember Arizona knocking off #1 Kansas in the Sweet 16 and outlasting Providence in OT to get to the Final Four (one of my classic scream at the TV moments ever - 30 seconds left in regulation, tied, PC holding the ball for the last shot...and WPRI couldn't wait to run the state lottery drawing, leaving the game in a small square in the right upper corner of the TV), Tennessee-Chatanooga's Sweet 16 run, and perhaps the greatest Sweet 16 twinbill ever - both going double OT in San Antonio. Minnesota over Clemson, and UCLA rallying from 18 down to beat Iowa State.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine and I were talking about this very subject earlier this evening. We've both seen a lot of tournaments, and we both agreed that so far this has been one of the best, even if Kansas did make my brackets go kaplooey. But I also agree that it could change in the next round.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Outing alert: bjot is really Suzyn Waldman

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Or are 16-year-old

Great first weekend...let's see what happnes from here on

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm biased, but 1990 was my favorite.

-- Loyola Marymount
    -- Twenty-three games decided by three points or less.
    -- No. 14 Northern Iowa beating Missouri on a 3-pointer ... before any No. 15 seeds had won in the 64-team to that point.

And this ...

[​IMG]

Ball State's Sweet 16 run, with a very near miss against UNLV which would have set up a Loyola Marymount-Ball State regional final. Two teams that couldn't have been more diametrically opposed style-wise.

Anyway, here's a cool dunk ...

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I see you that and raise you...

Draft saved Draft deleted