1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best hour on television...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

... is the Dateline NBC kiddie sex busts they do every week, it seems.

So awful, so painful, so strangely hilarious. Dude on now just got cracked offering to blow a thirteen-year-old boy. Brutally, sadly funny.

I'd watch a marathon of this stuff.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Was it Michael Jackson?

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Naw, it was some creepy old-looking dude. A creepy old-looking dude who wasn't Michael Jackson.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I hear it's better when you're there. One of the towns close to my last stop was doing the same thing Dateline is. One of the TV reporters and I became pretty good friends. She had an exclusive on the bust and said it was amazing the crap they would say to try to get out of it.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

guy i used to work with got busted on one of those -- some fucked up shit

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

(Former) Congressman Foley?

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My station did one of these a few years ago, using the same group that Dateline uses.

I couldn't believe how many guys showed up at the house looking for the fake teenager. I always assumed they had to run the sting for a long time to get enough guys showing up to make a story out of it. I was wrong. We had guys showing up to the door while another dude was just leaving. It was pretty disheartening.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

And... it doesn't matter how many of them Hanson does... it's like shooting fish in a barrel each time.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't have children, but if I did, this shit would make me want to hug them a little tighter. /sappystuffy

So, so sad.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't know...if this were ever broadcast opposite a Maury paternity test episode (also shown weekly), I might sprain a thumb trying to flip back and forth.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

How can any potential pedophile even think for a minute that the "teen" they're talking to online ISN'T a cop or reporter at this point? There's been so many of these shows and yet they just keep on trying.

The stupidity is amazing.

12. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I look for him every time.

Draft saved Draft deleted