1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best and worst commercials of all time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Philosopher, Aug 7, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I played the oboe!

2. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Still the greatest:

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I liked the Monster.com ads with the little kids discussing their ambitions:

"I wanna be forced into early retirement."

"I wanna be a yes-man!"

"When I grow up, I wanna work my way up to middle management."

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

That's the one. Still funny to me.

5. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

The greatest ever:

So bad it's great:

6. They're not horrible, but that's because of John Hodgman. It's bizarre that Apple made the PC guy far more likable in its ads, and gave him the better lines.

Anybody remember the BluBlockers rap? It fits both categories:

7. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

There was once a time when the Brylcreemed adman taking the commuter train in from Connecticut could get away with stuff like this:

8. Hustle

Hustle Guest

So bad it's good:

Go here - http://www.senateinsurance.com/public/commer.aspx and choose the fourth one down in the left-hand column. Made infinitely better by the fact that Paulette is smoking hot.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Head-On as the worst commercial ever. Stupid AND grating.

9. There used to be some furniture store in the metromess at 1212 Loop 12. The commercials are singed onto my brain. That bug-eyed guy with the freaky spinning arm.

One of my favorites is this one from about ten years ago where this guy picks up this girl for a date. He opens the car door for her and she gets in. As he's walking around to the driver's side she farts. The guy gets in the car and asks the girl if she met the couple in the back seat. I can't remember who the advertiser was, but that commercial was frikkin' funny.

10. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

This commercial is kind of awful, but it has the best jingle ever.

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

From the guy's YouTube page:
    Dude was running for school board. I'm sure he wouldn't have done as good there as in his ad.

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Quality strip club ad:

Draft saved Draft deleted