1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Baseball Project -- Good music or a gimmick?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

So I stumbled upon a couple of iTunes gift cards this weekend. Now, I'd like to stumble upon some new music.

I've heard a couple things about The Baseball Project and I sampled some of their tunes on iTunes, but I'm still not sure if I like what I hear (in some instances it's hard to do that in 30 second bites). Usually, if I'm not sure, I take that as a no and pass.

But this time, I thought I'd bring the discussion here. Does anybody here like their music? Is there a must-download song?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen...

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Never heard of the group or its music, but try looking up a few songs on YouTube. That way you can hear the whole thing.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wanted to like them. Don't. Can't say it's bad music and/or bad musicians. Peter Buck from my all-time favorite band R.E.M. is in there. I just found them quiet and boring.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

P.S. If you want to like a band because of their name, try The Baseballs. They're from Germany, and play popular American songs rockabilly style. They're fantastic.

Here's their video for 50 Cent's "Candy Shop":

Their version of Hot 'N Cold by Katy Perry:

I think they're brilliant. These videos and songs are Americanized as it gets, and come to you straight from Berlin.

Draft saved Draft deleted