1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Atlantic on Dr. Kermit Gosnell

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Norrin Radd, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Last time I checked there were already a number of laws against what happened to the Sandy Hook kids, too.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This pivots off the Salon piece buckweaver posted. Worth noting the gag order on the attorneys.

www.salon.com/2013/04/12/conservatives_should_look_inward_on_gosnell_blackout/

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The NYT has certainly shown an interest in states tightening up abortion clinic laws:

http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch/#/abortion/since1851/allresults/1/allauthors/newest/

4. I guess the liberal outlet he works for must not think it's a big enough story. It's a real shame.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Gabby Giffords deserves a vote. Hadiya Pendleton deserves a vote. The families of Newtown deserve a vote. The families of Aurora deserve a vote.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Sweet. I just checked false equivalence on my card. Now all I need is an A_QB ad hominem to complete my BINGO.

7. YankeeFan

Yeah. What role does the media have, other than to cover whatever issue "pro-life politicians" are attempting to gin up.

8. YankeeFan

Whose victims was the media more sympathetic towards:

A. Kermit Gosnell's

2. Michael Vick's

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If a bunch of body parts were found in some far off African Country it would be NYT front page news for weeks.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Fox News hasn't covered it either. Nor the Post. Nor the Wall Street Journal.

11. YankeeFan

Hey, dooley is a big news consumer, and he didn't even realize that babies were murdered.

How is that possible?

You don't normally have to follow a big story very closely to know the basic details. The headlines alone should fill you in. Yet, in this case, a news professional missed the most basic detail.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There are laws banning assault rifles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.