1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Apprentice 1/21 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 22, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Michelle quit this week on the apprentice and the Trump said someone else had quit before on the show. I can't remember who quit on the show, but I think it was a stupid move. Why would you quit the opportunity for a job even if you were about to get fired. She'll never be respected in the Trump organization again to get a job in the conventional method.

I'd love to see them have to get ad sales for a newspaper or media outlet sometime. I think it would be pretty funny to watch them attempt this.

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I didn't watch it, but perhaps she decided that it wasn't worth working for that giant asshole. Seems reasonable enough to me. People withdraw from job applications all the time.

3. EE94

EE94 Guest

I have more respect for her than the other assholes that go on that show.
    She at least showed a certain amount of self-respect when she said she wouldn't put up with the humiliation that Trump has determined is required for his ego-trip.
    I'm still waiting for some angry apprentice to insult his hair.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"And on the left is the Chateau Marmont where John Belushi shot himself up with a speedball full of heroin." Wow...

Anyway, as for Michelle, if she wanted to quit fine. Trump was an idiot with his boxing analogy, shitting all over a guy who quits on his stool rather than going out on his shield. Spoken like a spoiled rich kid who's never been in any kind of fight let alone had his ass handed to him in a boxing ring (something I unfortunately have more than a passing acquaintance with).

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh, don't get me wrong. She would have been fired had she gone back into the board room. That tour was horrendous. There was no question after watching the over-edited tasks who was winning that.

I don't know if I can disagree with Michelle, though, either. Making someone sleep outside in tents without real running water and such is more than humiliating. No one in business is forced to do such. I don't watch Survivor because I don't like the show. I loved past seasons of The Apprentice and don't want it turning into some marriage between the two shows. I think moving the show to L.A. brought some new life, but damn. They can barely shower. How does Trump expect them to ever win a task?

OK.. off the soapbox now.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I can't remember the girl's name, but I think it was two seasons ago when the two teams had to remodel Jersey hotels and get judged on customer satisfaction, and the girl on one team just flaked out in the middle of the task and started walking away by herself down the sidewalk. Carolyn tracked her down and asked what she was doing, and the girl eventually just quit.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh, you're right! I remember that chick now. I had forgotten about that.

8. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

Verna.

And that tour looked AWFUL.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a female winner, given what she knows about Trump now compared to last summer, say thanks but no thanks at the season finale.
    However, there's no way Angela Ruggiero will get the opportunity (although I'm sure he'll carry her to F4 on name recognition). Given the physiques of hockey players (a sport that requires large, muscular legs), he probably regards her as fat.

Draft saved Draft deleted