1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anything Good Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Mar 6, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm gonna get off at 11 tonight because of press issues. I'll get to watch The Duchess before bed afterall. I'm like totally pumped!

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I went 0-for-2 but put good wood on the ball in my first at-bats facing live pitching in nine years. Filled in on a friend's team in the 28-and-over amateur baseball league in my city. Would have had a single up the middle with metal, but with a Louisville Slugger that thing went ... plop ... after it came off the bat.

Still, a good experience to step to the plate for the first time since high school, and actually make contact. Against a sidewinder lefty, no less. And no errors in the field, either. I was pleased.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I downed a few pounds of BBQ and washed it off with a dozen beers last night. Delicious.

Surfed yesterday for the first time ever. It's amazing, and although I spent most of the day wiping out, I can't wait to go out again.

I'm headed to the beach in Jacksonville tomorrow with my awesome roommmate after morning class and then going to see WWE Raw.

I realized that the old saying "life is what you make it" is absolutely true. You can be as miserable or optimistic as you want, but I've finally learned to take control. No point living unless you live on your terms.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm watching Alf.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Rams win.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The U.S. now leads Venezuela 2-1.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Went to see a Broadway show this afternoon. Frank Deford was sitting five rows in front of me.
    Thought that was kind of cool.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What show?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Guys and Dolls.
    Not bad, not great.
    Lauren Graham was very good as Adelaide. Oliver Platt so-so as Nathan Detroit. First act dragged, second was much better.

10. We're going to the beach for a couple of days next week. Hooray.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The local ice cream shack (think Tastee Freeze) opened this weekend.

Skipped out of work and hit it up for a hot fudge sundae that I ate outside in the sunshine.

Gonna head back in, finish up my pages and then hit the local for some beers.

Shit could be a lot worse than that, folks.

12. Wallace

Wallace Guest

I'm getting a puppy next month, a black lab, and I absolutely cannot wait. It's the first one I get to call my own. The thought of picking him up has gotten me through the last few rough weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted