1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Americans on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 16, 2013.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yeah I think his wife leaving him was the turning point there. He's still a hardass on the job, but at home he is much more jolly and fun. I think he is trying harder not to let those two worlds bleed into each other.

Plus, it allows him to get more buddy-buddy with Philip so the eventually falling out will be even sharper.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't know. I think he was a little too accommodating when the hockey player tried to intervene in his fiancee's dealings with the FBI. Should have made it clear to her from the beginning, "Don't tell ANYONE about this, because they could use it to blackmail you." Kind of like he told Henry, "I don't trust anyone." Should have told that to Sofia.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yeah that's true, and that was another loose end that I still don't understand the point of. This woman isn't exactly the new Nina, and she hasn't really given them anything yet. It kinda felt like busy work for Stan throughout this season, or maybe just a glimpse of how they have to work someone before they become an asset.

4. BTExpress

Season 6 begins Wednesday, March 28, and there will be a three-year time jump to 1987.

Paige is actually doing spy work (apparently not the murdering or honeypot stuff, though). Phillip steps back from it. I think Henry gets drafted by the Knicks.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Beamon gonna have the penny drop sometime this year?

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it.
    And as much as I enjoy the show, I'm glad it is ending while still strong.

8. BTExpress

With just 10 episodes, I hope each is an hour and 15 minutes long (without 15 minutes of digging, of course).

Gutter likes this.
  9. BTExpress

As usual, not too many clues in the episode titles.

Dead Hand
    Tschaikovsky
    Urban Transport Planning
    Mr. and Mrs. Teacup
    The Great Patriotic War (what Russians call WWII)
    Rififi
    Harvest (oh, no! more wheat!)
    The Summit
    Jennings, Elizabeth
    START (nice name for the final episode)

10. BTExpress

---- Looks like they paid a bundle in music royalty fees for that episode.
    ---- Need subtitles to keep track of all the bit players coming and going. I'm just not good at recognizing faces walking out of buildings or sitting in restaurants or in cars.
    ---- For such an important meeting, Liz wasn't, uh, very talkative in Mexico City, da?
    ---- Gorbachev was, it turns out, a disaster, so Elizabeth is on the right side of history this time.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I was wondering how tall Costa Ronin (Oleg) is in real life. Turns out he's 6-4. That's tall, but not THAT tall. Matthew Rhys must be really short, because Oleg looks like Wilt Chamberlain in that park bench scene.

And poor Hanley. He was just trying to get laid (though "confiscating" Paige's ID was kind of a dick move).

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Very good start to season

Draft saved Draft deleted