1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race (Season 16)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 7, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, I wrote down everyone's names in the order in which they put on here they wanted to be in the pool, then put my name last. There were 13 people, so 7 in the first group, 6 in the last.

I made a slip for each team on the show, and did two different drawings. Oddly enough, Jet and Cord didn't get selected for EITHER pool. They were the only ones who weren't picked at all. Sorry!

TAR 16 pool 1
    BNWriter -- Steve/Allie (father-daughter, Indians coach)
    bumpy mcgee -- Louie-Michael (the "baby" guys)
    highlander -- Brent/Caite (Miss South Carolina)
    AgatePage -- Dan/Jordan (brothers)
    dreunc1542 -- Jordan/Jeff (Big Brother couple)
    ArnoldBabar -- Carol/Brandy (lesbians)
    Wenders -- Joe/Heidi (married couple)

TAR 16 Pool 2
    schiezainc -- Steve/Allie
    Iron_chet -- Joe/Heidi
    ADodgen -- Louie/Michael
    StormSurge -- Monique/Shawne (friends)
    JayFarrar -- Carol/Brandy
    IJAG -- Jordan/Jeff

God, I hate Jordan and Jeff. I somehow always get the team I hate in this thing. :D

Points start being counted next week. Sorry I slacked.

2. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Well done, girl. I'm sad the cowboys didn't get picked.

Thanks for doing this again.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Me and Arnie got the lesbians?
    Now that's a four-way from hell.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was on vacation last week and just back to SportsJournalists.com so I didn't get in the contest. I'll take the cowboys.

I was so hoping at least one team wouldn't know how eggs make up a baker's dozen.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Is there anyway the detective's home city won't avoid a major crime spree after last night's episode?

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Great. Thanks for putting THAT in my head.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Didn't they have to milk a camel a couple of seasons ago? Last year I remember they had to herd ducks; I guess that's not too dangerous. Also, there was one season where they had to pose and have their picture made with a Tiger -- talk about dangerous. Being around wild killer predators that are supposedly trained and domesticated is my true phobia. If he decides he wants to kill you, you're gone. I would have hated that challenge.

As far as the possibility of getting kicked in the head milking a cow -- I guess them's the risks. As long as it's not something that would be completely unforeseeable or insanely dangerous I think the competitors assume the risks of being injured.

From a legal standpoint, I'd love to see the contracts the competitors sign. I've wondered about things that have happened on Survivor, for instance, and figured that the reason they tape the show in foreign countries is because they do not want what happens on the island to be subject to American legal jurisdiction. The Survivor Samoa was not on American Samoa.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

And arnie you are welcome.
    just remember, i like to cuddle after.
    now that's something that should stick in your head.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You don't get to just claim a team!

I'll put you in the second group, and draw you a team out of the 3 that weren't chosen for that group. You may still get the cowboys, but you don't get to just claim them. :D

10. ArnoldBabar

Stop!

I was gonna say, you can't just swoop in and claim one of the favorites.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was joshing about taking the cowboys, although one is from Ada, OK, where my wife went to college.
    I'll take anyone. Thanks for squeezing me in.

12. ArnoldBabar

TWSS

Draft saved Draft deleted