1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race (Season 16)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 7, 2010.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

IJAG, I wasn't in last time and will happily step aside so that you can stay in the draw.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Me too. I was really hoping they would be more competitive.

Go cowboys!

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Sometimes, I get irritated when the only people from Oklahoma who go on TV shows are slow-talking hillbilly types, but these two have REALLY grown on me. I like Jet a lot.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

1. I think it's unfair they had 2 challenges involving animals since the cowboys obviously around animals so much more than the others. [/ people who bitched about it being unfair the show spent 2 shows in China because Victory and Tammy spoke Mandarin]

2. Miss South Carolina didn't do anything stupid tonight?

3. Kind of a boring cast so far.

4. Way to follow the clue, detectives... "Nah, that's not it, keep going."

5. Hopefully the lesbians fighting next week will be entertaining.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I liked them last week and chose to root for them from the start. They grew on me even more this week.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

dreu, you're fine. I'll just move into the second draw. :D

7. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

They seem like genuine, good people. Cord kind of annoys me, though.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Jiggy-jag, if you do a second pool, I'd like to be in.

I already dislike the lesbian couple and maybe they really are that bitchy in real-life, but I suspect they'd argue that it was all editing with things taken out of context.

The preview for next week, with them questioning the cowboys and their reaction is priceless.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, doing the drawing here in a bit. I might just take everyone, and split us up into two pools. That way, not every team is taken, so there's no guarantee anyone gets top points each week. So like six in one pool and five in another, with nine teams available in each.

Work for everyone?

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

However you want to do it, jag.

Know what this season could use? A good villain. Not sure who's capable of stepping into that role.

11. Scouter

Scouter Member

Lesbians.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

speaking of the animal challenges, has tar in the past had challenges like this that really could result in harm to the competitors? the granny got kicked in the head while trying to milk the cow and one of the guys got kicked in the leg by a llama. i would think the kick to the head in particular could've been very dangerous, even potentially fatal.

Draft saved Draft deleted