1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: The Amazing Race -- 2012-2013 All-Purpose Thread

SCORES BELOW, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED AND DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

Week 3 scores:
    Drew Wilson 47
    IJAG 32
    Wenders 20
    Inky_Wretch 17
    JayFarrar 17
    LieslnTx 16
    * TigerVols 14
    Huggy 13
    * MTM 11
    WolvEagle 8
    * beanpole 1

Caitlin and Brittany were REALLY unlikeable on this episode. I understand the frustration and I probably would have reacted the same way, if not worse, but cripes.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that Gary and Will were able to overcome their own stupidity (running around at the train station, asking the driver's what the vehicle they were supposed to take was? I mean, come on guys.) and the double U-turn and beat the girls. Their driver must have been REALLY bad.

Despite the fact that they've won two legs, I keep forgetting about Abbie and Ryan. Maybe just because they're another dating couple and they don't have another strong identifier or they just don't have good sound bytes or what. But every time they do something, I'm like...oh. Them. I had forgotten about them.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Yes, Caitlin and Brittany were really nasty and whiny. Good riddance.

My team, Gary and Will, were so lucky - again - that they weren't last. It's been interesting seeing them get out of jams each time. It's like they're cats with nine lives.

It's interesting to see the other teams not take Gary and Abba seriously. These guys are good, and they seem like cool guys.

4. Wenders

I knew Gary and Will's time was running out. Was glad to see the rockers win one...they seem like really good guys and good racers thus far.

One thing's for sure...the twins sure don't back down from any task, do they?

5. imjustagirl

I was going to say "I love my twins!" but dooley would just twist it for his own joy.

Will watch and score tonight.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gary and Will are gone. For professed super fans, they didn't seem to get any joy out of the race, especially the taller one, who I think is Will, but I never seem to figure out who is who on any of the teams where both members are of the same gender.

I'm pulling for the rockers, or the "twinnies," although I could see how their constant chatter could be annoying.

7. imjustagirl

Week 4 Scores

Drew Wilson 54
    IJAG 38
    Inky_Wretch 35
    Wenders 22
    LieslnTx 21
    JayFarrar 20
    Huggy 17
    * TigerVols 14
    * MTM 11
    * WolvEagle 9
    * beanpole 1

8. Wenders

ALERT: Do not watch the first five minutes of tonight's episode without Kleenex handy. OMG I was crying.

9. imjustagirl

Thanks for the heads up. Going to bed shortly, but will watch it tomorrow after work. Assuming I don't freeze my ass off at some point before that.

I've become such a wuss from living in the south. :(

10. Wenders

Anyone else think that Ryan was being an asshat to Abbie on the mat? She did two very physical tasks in the heat and humidity, one without his help, and rather than complimenting her, he was bitching about how they aren't going to be able to set the record for most legs won.

If she had bitchslapped him and walked off right there, I wouldn't have blamed her.

Officially putting all my support behind James and Abba (at the very least, they'll be able to send James' dad on a really nice vacation) and the Twinnies. And, of course, team Texas because I have them in the pool. :p

11. imjustagirl

Watched it this morning. Sad beginning capped off by the dead dog just lying there in the market. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I do love the non-elimination legs. We'll see what's in store for the last-place team on the next leg.

Pool Standings:
    DrewWilson 60
    Inky_Wretch 52
    IJAG 43
    Wenders 25
    Liesl 22
    JayFarrar 22
    Huggy 21
    * TigerVols 14
    * MTM 11
    * WolvEagle 9
    * beanpole 1

12. imjustagirl

I'm only 10 minutes in, and I'm hoping for some sort of character to win out, but right now? I hate my team.

Draft saved Draft deleted