1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race 12

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagleboy, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Anyone else addicted to this show? I've watched every incarnation - except for the disastrous Family Edition three years back - and just can't get enough. I'd say it's the most underrated reality show out there, except for the fact that it's won several Emmy Awards.

Anyways, what did you all think? I like the brother and sister couple that finished first, but also like the son and grandfather pair. The problem is that I always seem to pick the tandems that are doomed to finish second and let me down.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I certainly didn't shed any tears for the team that was eliminated tonight. A good start to the season.

3. Faithless

Faithless Member

One thing I noticed when the show was introducing the teams at the start -- a lot of them are from Southern California. I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Survivor by depending on talent agency ringers or people who live/moved to SoCal. Nothing against people from California, but you get tired when most of the competitors are from one state.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

looks like they're big on chicks who are impressive while running this season. not that there's anything wrong with that

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Crap. Didn't know it had started.

Adding it to the Tivo posthaste.

6. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Me either. Although it has to be tough to get eliminated on some kind of BS event like that. That would be my worst fear - game-planning this thing down to a T, then getting to the point where something like a car breakdown just absolutely kills me. There's almost too much luck involved, and that, I guess, is what makes it fun.

And IJAG, you didn't miss much. But it could be good later on. I've heard they promised completely unique locations and challenges. So far so good.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Definitely supporting the blondies, Shana and Jennifer, here. They closed strong to go from 11th to sixth.

Did all that honking in the driveway at the Playboy Mansion wake Hef up from his nap?

8. markvid

markvid Guest

If you have digital cable, it's probably on demand this week.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Up here, Outdoor Life Network shows it Mondays at 8. Don't know if Versus has the same deal down there.

Draft saved Draft deleted