1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The alleged post-penal pastime of a dog-killing quarterback

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 23, 2009.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Re: Stupid is as stupid does, or latest Vick misstep

And now, Vick denies the story, specifically stating that he was in Florida on Monday night.
    http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-vick-denies-strip-club-rumor,0,6337957.story

Makes a couple of sites (blogs!!) look pretty silly. Do I smell potential litigation?
    http://thebiglead.com/?p=15876

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Prove it.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be hard to do. Credit-card receipts or airline records would do it.

4. Starman

Well then Vick needs to step up.

Through past actions, he's forfeited the "presumption of innocence."

5. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

First of all, Starman, he doesn't have to prove anything to you or me or anyone other than the Commish.

Second, "presumption of innocence?" Seriously? What's he guilty of, looking at nekkid ladies and showing questionable judgement? As an earlier poster noted, if every NFL player who did those two things was no longer allowed to play football, nobody would want to watch the product.

What Vick did to those dogs was sick and reprehensible. Going to a strip club? Umm, not so much.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Tell us how you really feel.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hokie, doing anything that shows questionable judgement at this particular time is a very bad idea for Vick. He isn't just any NFL player now. He is one who is asking for reinstatement. Perhaps he should have shown a little restraint and waited until after his meeting with the commish.

8. Starman

I see the Pity Party for Animal-Torturing-and-Murdering Thugs is in full march.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

To be fair, ain't no dogs throwing for 3,000 yards, son! </sarcasm>

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And Iverson's manager and agent both say that Iverson hasn't seen Vick since the latter got out of PMITA prison ...

[​IMG]

Statler: That's some great work by the bear!
    Waldorf: Do you suppose he had to meet the two-drink minimum?
    Both: AH HA HA HA HO HO HO HO!!!

11. EE94

EE94 Guest

read the story - an unnamed source tells TBL he saw him at a strip club. TBL phones and talks to the DJ.
    DJ won't give his name, but says Yeah, Michael Vick and Allen Iverson come to listen to my club

I have no love for Michael Vick, but everyone deserves more credible reporting than that

that this thread went on for two pages should be considered an embarrassment

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

In a contest of who I believe between Vick and TBL, I pick neither. Would not be surprised at all if this wasn't true. And I'm sure TBL will just sweep it under the rug as if they never said it. Not even close to the first time and it won't be the last.

Draft saved Draft deleted