1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The all-purpose WNBA thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jan 3, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

A big day in the association!

The Sting folds (Where will Bogues coach now?) and Van Chancellor will reportedly resign as the Comets coach.

Yes, starting this thread is a joke. But at least with the Sting folding and the Comets looking for a buyer we're maybe getting closer to seeing the WNBA go away?

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Not a chance in hell. This is Stern's baby. It's not going to die.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

And, after all, they do got next....

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This cannot end well. ;)

5. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

What's the WNBA?

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hell, I already declared my unrequited love for Lauren Jackson of the Storm. Hell of a player. There's a really far-fetched rumor that she might work out with an ABL team in her homeland to see what happens. 6-5, 3-point range, and could probably post up as a 2-guard against the men. Probably have issues defensively though.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The level of maturity on this board amazes me sometimes. That is all.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

But it will end quickly.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Any time a female athlete anywhere on the earth succeeds, millions of penises instantly shrivel up. (Even more.)

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I really hope they keep the WNBA. It gives a chance/goal for women to accomplish after college instead going away from their homes to overseas. I actually catch the WNBA from time to time. I was there for the first Detroit Shock championship and it was great.
    Yes, GB-Hack, Lauren Jackson is very talented. I love watching her and Sue Bird go Karl Malone/John Stockton on the league.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sheryl Swoopes remains my favorite player, but the Sue/Lauren pairing is by far the best since the Cooper/Swoopes/Thompson pairing when the league started.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, here it comes. I used to go regularly to Miracle games before they moved. I have a Nykesha Sales replica jersey, and has a Taj McWilliams-Franklin bobblehead until my cat killed it. I'm looking forward to the Women's final four coming to my town.

Alright officer, I'll come quietly......

Draft saved Draft deleted