1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The actual AP poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Nov 12, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who voted Michigan No. 1?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ACC owns the bottom half of the poll

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Three Big East teams in the Top 10 and three SEC teams in the Top 10? How come the Big 10 and Big 12 aren't good enough to place that many teams in the Top 10? Please don't respond that if those conferences had three teams each in the Top 10 it would become a Top 12 :)

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

My actual beef is with the coaches' poll.

West Virginia is 7th, Rutgers 8th, Texas 11th and Louisville 12th. Louisville should be ahead of two of those teams.

WTF were they thinking???

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I know I'm biased, but Wisconsin at No. 12 is too low.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Louisville lost to Rutgers, and Rutgers is good.

Anyway, Florida is rightfully at No. 3. If Michigan loses to OU next week, who is No. 2?

Please don't say USC. Please.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

USC might not pass Florida in the polls unless they win by >35, but they'll probably pass them in the BCS. Oh, and should Florida lose to Western Carolina, they program should eat SMU-style death penalty.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter anyway ... no matter where Wisconsin is ranked, no way in hell they go to a BCS bowl. Pure window dressing, their ranking.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wisconsin=Fraud

10. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Was that sarcasm? I'm sure about eight fellas/gals voted the Kitties No. 25

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

USC has the potential to own wins against three Top 10 teams: Arkansas, Cal and Notre Dame.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

JD, will your reader take an answer from an ex-cohort?

College football is not algebra. The whole idea of an upset is that team can be beaten by another squad that isn't as good. Would your reader like to make a case that Oregon State should be ranked ahead of USC? Hell, UCLA beat the Bruins this weekend. Should UCLA thus be favored against the Trojans?

Draft saved Draft deleted