1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The A.P.'s TO watch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Aug 4, 2006.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

AP running something like this DAILY:

Terrell Owens' day in training camp
    By The Associated Press
    OXNARD, Calif. (AP) -- A look at Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens' day in training camp Friday.
    BONDING IS OVERRATED: This from quarterback Drew Bledsoe: "No, we haven't spent a lot of time away from the field, but that's the same as every other receiver. ... That part of it's not particularly necessary in order to be effective on the field."
    WARMING UP IN THE BULLPEN: Owens continued giving his arm a workout by lobbing balls to rookie receiver Sam Hurd. Coach Bill Parcells was asked whether he suggested that the two get together. "I didn't even know that was going on," Parcells said.
    FASHION POLICE: Owens stuck with the gray hooded sweat shirt he modeled Thursday again Friday morning, but wore sweat pants instead of shorts.

WTF is AP thinking?

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Ed Werder is somewhere reporting that T.O. glanced at Drew Bledsoe behind his back at Cowboys practice today.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Skip Bayless Some people are just addicted with this guy.

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

From 8/2

BC-FBN--Tick Tock T.O.,0146
    Terrell Owens' day in training camp
    By The Associated Press
    OXNARD, Calif. (AP) -- A look at Terrell Owens' day in training camp with the Dallas Cowboys Wednesday.
    BONDING: Owens, quarterback Drew Bledsoe and coach Bill Parcells spent some quality time together, even if it was prompted by a run of incompletions. All the gesturing seemed to indicate they were discussing Xs and Os.
    MORE BONDING: While the first-team was watching 11-on-11 drills, Owens stood between cornerbacks Terence Newman and Aaron Glenn. Then he moved down to be with the running backs, positioning himself between Julius Jones and Marion Barber III.
    TUNA FAN: Owens on Parcells: "He's a good guy. When I first got down and talked to him I knew it was going to be a good deal for us."

At 11:47.33, Owens scratched his chode. He blinked four times in the next 70 seconds. A dog barked.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

What are they addicted to?  8)

6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Member

I've wondered about this crap all week. Reggie Bush doesn't have his own Tick Tick bullshit does he?

Fuck T.O. and fuck AP for thinking this shit resembles news.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OMFG!!!!!!WTF!!!!!11
    FLASH FLASH FLASH

URGENT URGENT URGENT

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

No, no problem, Zimbabwe, but they've done this for a week now

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No. It's not a bad thing in the least.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

What he said. I haven't been running it. And my SE isn't b_tching at me over it.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

When I first saw this, I figured it was part of that ASAP shit that AP has taken on its shoulders. The hip stuff made for people who can't read.

This stuff is embarrassing, I mean really embarrassing. Even just to read.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You would think someone at the AP would be reamed for this. I can only hope it's still in the works.

Draft saved Draft deleted