1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The '90s

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

The Verve -- Bittersweet Symphony

(Too lazy to YouTube it)

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

How do you start a thread about the 90s being awesome by using Fastball as an example?

There was that whole grunge thing that happened with Pearl Jam and Nirvana, and how can you mention Better than Ezra and not bands like Green Day and Bush. I will agree with you on your decision to mention the Foo Fighters, but where are the Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden?

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Anyway best albums of the 90s.

Nirvana-Live and Unplugged in New York
    Green Day- Dookie (When I come around, and Basket Case)
    Bush- Sixteenth Stone
    Soundgarden- Superunknown (Spoonman is a great song)

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I was citing songs before albums. Kar33m made the same point as you, and I agreed. You're right.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

All of those are excellent. And hold up very well -- I just had Sixteen Stone on the other day.

Let me also add:

Live - Throwing Copper
    Live - The Distance to Here

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

You are a certifiable Live junkie, Bucky.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Damn straight. Seen 'em eight times and counting ... :D

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

We got this far and no mention of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'd say it's between them and Pearl Jam for best rock band of the past 20 years, with the Foo Fighters coming up into that discussion as well.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But buckdub, even you can't explain away Likini's Juice (at least not the title)

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chili Peppers, too, but they were around in the '80s for all of us SoCalians -- and probably at their best then, too.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I love the Gin Blossoms and the Goo Goo Dolls (before they went to shit). Also still like Blues Traveler and Hootie and the Blowfish :D

Carry on...

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hey, what's wrong with Lakini's Juice? It's a great crowd-pleaser in concert. People go nuts, man. Go see Live and tell me different. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted