1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 64 most annoying people in sports media 2019

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Mar 18, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Interesting idea. Four sports TV/radio/digital personalities you could ban forever.

Skip Bayless. The fakeness doesn't bother me/the racial angle to these pro wrestling shows (it would be there whether he was there or not) - it's that he is capable of being better. Most of the people in the tournament really have reached their ceiling. Bayless had to go down to the basement to make his payday.

Mike Greenberg: Like Bayless, he's glided into medocrity and found that it pays pretty well.

Mike Ditka: The "we were so much tougher back in the day" shtick has been played out since before the day he was talking about. And personally, knowing Ditka has raised thousands to help fellow NFL players financially - I think he's great. I just think when the camera is on, he's playing a role.

Terry Bradshaw: Even he should be sick of himself by now. He's talking about players now whose PARENTS weren't alive when he last played.

Michael Irvin/PrimeTime: You guys are in your 50s, you no longer have anything to be "brash" about.

Slacker likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Yo, @heyabbott, fix your hed: *IN* not IS. Hed gaffes are most annoying, too!

heyabbott likes this.
  3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'm glad I don't know who a good deal of these people are. Apathy has its advantages.
    Deadspin also get no click from me, so what did Molly Qerim do to make the list?
    And when do we get to make a bracket of the biggest fuckheads ever to write for that site?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The list showcases the decline of MLB. Are there any ex baseball players on it?

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I thought Portnoy would be seeded higher. He could easily have been in either Rome's spot as a No. 1 or Kellerman's No. 2

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Barstool and Portnoy deserve separate spots.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I guess that's what happens when you play in the Sun Belt.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

One spot, everyone knows the rules

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Erin Andrews is a 5 seed while Romo is an 8? Ohhh kay

10. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

This seeding can only mean that JT the Brick is no longer on the air. Right?

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not nationally. Strictly Vegas. Rob Parker and Chris Broussard now prove they aren't the same person in the timeslot.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I thought Whitlock retired the trophy years ago.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted