1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 4 and 44 Nets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What an embarrassment to the NBA. Is there a more inept Pro team.

I'm stunned they can still get people into their building.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Are you sure that those that are going are choosing to do so voluntarily?

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I really hope they beat the Sixers record. They'll probably sell out the last home game if they are sitting at 8 -73.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Warriors are horrible. I'd rather have Brook Lopez and next year's No. 1 (John Wall).

However, I love Stephen Curry.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

But it's far from a sure thing that they get that pick.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nets have some good building blocks in Lopez and (when healthy) Devin Harris. Chris Douglas-Roberts has turned into a nice surprise. Yi is an OK player, when healthy.

The rest of the team is essentially a CBA team.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They achieved a milestone of failure the other night when they managed to blow a double-digit lead and lose in the final minute at home to the nearly-equally-suckass Pistons.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

These leagues need to do a better job of vetting owners. Every time they've allowed someone to come in as an owner where the main motivation was using the team/arena/stadium as an anchor for a real estate development, it's been a disaster.

Think Coyotes, Nets and others.

They need owners who will make the team a priority.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Add Tom Hicks x 2 to that mix: the failed GloryLand development in Arlington that never got built is in litigation, potentially holding up the Rangers sale; and the equally-failed Victory Park in Dallas that did get built but isn't drawing flies.

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Best thing about the Nets -- you can take a wide-eyed 9-year-old for 98 cents.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Not entirely the leagues, but it's the owners who apparently doesn't give a shit about vetting potential owners and finding good ones. The owners, the NFL and MLB, IIRC, make the final call and vote on who gets to own a team. The leagues have to make sure the $$$ and other stuff are kosher and no legal hang-ups are holding it up (see Sam Zell and the Cubs).

For every good one they reject, they bring in 2 fuckups. For some, it's just to add something to their financial portfolio and look glossy.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That cheap? I've seen tickets on Stubhub for $3.

Still, if you just want the kid to experience an NBA game, it's a good price, as long as you don't care who wins.

Draft saved Draft deleted